Vehicle Diminished Value FAQs
- Can I settle my diminished value claim alone?
You can settle your diminished value claim alone if you are willing to accept less than the true value. Insurance companies are not in the business of losing money. If you do not have the experience or skills to determine the true worth of your vehicle, enlisting help is recommended. At Wreck Check Atlanta, we understand the negotiating tactics used and can provide a fair appraisal of your vehicle.
- What is the process of collecting diminished value?
The process is different for every vehicle owner. In many cases, collecting diminished value is stressful and drawn out due to disputes. As a company that delivers diminished value services in all 50 states, we can confirm that the process dramatically varies. Insurance companies use a range of legal mechanisms, including help from the Department of Insurance, to reduce the amount paid to policyholders. With Wreck Check Atlanta in your corner, you have a greater chance of receiving a fair amount in diminished value collection.
- Do I need a Diminished Value Attorney?
There is usually no need to retain an attorney if you are disputing a diminished value claim. Over 95% of customers receive a reasonable settlement with free follow-up assistance from Wreck Check Atlanta. In a small claims court, the remaining 5% do not typically need an attorney, nor does the case ever come to litigation. At-fault insurance providers would rather settle than risk paying the court fees and costs if they lose. The most likely scenario that may result in consumers needing an attorney is when diminished value exceeds the small claims court's authority. Consulting with an attorney is also recommended in a joint personal injury and diminished value claim.
Of the rest of our clients who filed suit and did go forward, 99% WON their case. In those cases, the insurance company had to pay the Diminished Value + Court Costs + Our Fees.
If the amount of your Diminished Value exceeds Small Claims Court authority, you may wish to consider hiring an attorney. We will then be available to help your attorney prosecute your case.
NOTE: If your claim involves both Personal Injury and Diminished Value, your interests could best be served with the help of a Personal Injury Attorney.
Consult With Wreck Check Atlanta
If you are still unsure whether hiring an attorney is the right move in your circumstances, consult with Wreck Check Atlanta. We can assess your case to determine whether the insurance company is trying to strong-arm you into accepting an inappropriate settlement.
Call our offices today to learn more about post-repair assessments and appraisal services in your state.